Monday, February 4, 2013

Interested in Tattooing Lesson One

15. Most but not all kits will come with a green soap solution that you can reduce with spring or filtered water, city water out of your sink is ok too. Spray bottle is fine, squirt bottle in my opinion is about equal, the only noticeable difference in my opinion is that with a squirt bottle you generally apply it to the paper towel you are going to wipe with, this does give you more control with where you are wiping, instead of getting overspray on an already fading stencil, or spraying it into your buddy's wife face. I have done both I like the squirt bottle.




16. Alcohol water 50/50 mix… make sure your alcohol is 70% and above for it to be an effective cleaner.




17. Deodorant (Speed Stick) this is applied to the skin after it has been shaved to adhere a proper stencil. The alcohol in the deodorant evaporates allowing the stencil to dry to the skin semi-permanently.




18. Stencil do your best if starting out to use a stencil, this is a great technique that will build your confidence. Or if you are free handing I have found Sharpies to work great in comparison to spending three or four dollars on one skin scribe you can get from tattoo supply companies.


Ok that is the more detailed bit on what equipment items are awesome to use for in home tattooing. Again if you have questions please post, I would like to hear positive feed back. I have tattooed professionally for more than seven years, and am a self taught tattoo artist. The reason I am sharing this information is for those serious artist out there and he or she has had no luck getting into a tattoo parlor. Well here is great start with what I am offering in this blog. I have alot of the frustrating answers many new tattooists have questions to. So more in the next day or so. I want to talk about power settings and machine tuning. Not sure but I might do a video, if not some real good pics. Remember if this was useful or interesting please vote up or follow.


Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment